3 sites containing a total of 800 beds – Brookfield in Brisbane (150 beds), Mapleton on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland (300 beds) and Tamborine Mountain on the Gold Coast Hinterland (350 beds).
- Growing offsite expeditions offered in Queensland and Northern NSW.
- Largest single provider of Outdoor Education Programs in Queensland.
- Catering to 50,000 guests annually (1000 per week on average).
- More than 300,000 meals served annually.
- Partnering with over 400 school groups annually.
- Capable of offering a differentiated sequential program for schools – on provider with different sites capable of constructing a varied program all the way from Grade 2 to Grade 12. Continue reading
Father and son weekends
This last weekend (21-23 January 2011) QCCC Tamborine was the venue for a pilot program of the first Fathering Adventures weekend in South East Queensland.
‘Fathering Adventures’, founded by Darren Lewis in July 2008, is an adventure-based initiative devoted to turning the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers.
The Fathering Adventure Weekend is for boys aged between 7 and 13 years, and their Dad, or significant male other. The first South East Queensland Fathering Adventure event was fully booked, attended by twelve fathers and their sons drawn from the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Dalby and Sydney.
Throughout the weekend, Dads were given coaching on what it means to be an “intentional” Dad, finishing the weekend armed with a quiver of tools designed to ensure their son would know that he is a “beloved son”. Encouraged to “have fun” throughout the program, the adventure weekend was specifically geared around crating a memorable experience for fathers and sons, empowering them to spend time with each other, one on one, to put into practice the things being taught.