As the curtain closes on 2010 it’s a good time to reflect on a record year of camping and conferencing for QCCC.
Here’s a little of what our great team has managed to achieve this year:
- Hosted over 500 individual groups across our three sites, that’s an average of 10 groups each week using our facilities.
- Provided a quality accommodation experience to more than 35,000 people, an average of 700 people each week staying with us.
- Served more than 200,000 meals. We’re convinced quality hospitality is a vital part of any successful camping and conferencing program.
- Facilitated more than ten outdoor education instructors as they provided programs for more than 200 schools through the year.
- Made great strides in building partnerships with like-minded organisations, the fruits of which will start to be seen in 2011 as we roll out new services and programs.
- Developed a pilot theme for all of our Centres that will add significant value to the programs and outcomes of groups using our facilities (watch this space).
- Further developed our Expeditions program and taken several groups through their Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- Kicked off our training program for future staff – providing a Certificate III in Outdoor Education.
- Had an awful lot of fun in the process!